Tuesday, September 13, 2011

See, it's true!

I find it amusing that I have not had time to post on my blog entitled "Never Enough Time"!! Things got real crazy when I was winding down my summer class and getting ready for the new semester to start! Also, my best friend got married out of town, and there was quite a bit of prep with that too...So, anyway, here are a few things I missed...
We got an updated picture at our ten week appointment...here s/he is...
 on July 30th, my best friend got married! I got to be in the wedding, and do one of the Bible readings. It was a fun and overwhelming experience. Normally, I do not cry at weddings, but I think the pregnancy hormones wreaked some havoc and I was crying almost the entire ceremony!!

A couple of weeks later we had our first trimester genetic screening...also known as my NT scan. It consists of a blood test, and a specialized ultrasound where they measure the amount of fluid on the back of the baby's neck. The results are given in terms of probability of the genetic disorders appearing in your baby, and they are compared to the probability for the mother's age. I misplaced the paper so I do not know the exact probability in my age group, but our specific probability is 1 in 10,000 for Down Syndrome and Trisomy 18. 1 in 10,000 is the very best result you can get!!! So, although we weren't too worried based on our medical histories and age, it was still a relief compatively!! I was thrilled we got another picture of the baby, plus it was SO cool to watch the screen as they waited for the exact picture they needed. I got to watch him/her squirm and move all over the place!



A week or so later, it was time for school to start...yippy...So far school has been overwhelming. Way too much reading to do...that is whet I get for taking six classes at once. And on top of it all, one of them is statistics. Math is the bane of my existence anyway, and this is proving to be no exception! No bog projects as of yet, but just a lot of reading and quite a few little projects... getting up for 8am class has been difficult as well!!

As of today, I am 16 weeks along. I never thought we would make it this far! I am pretty sure i felt a little fluttering last night, and I am looking forward to experiencing more. Our twenty week ultrasound is October 13th. We are still debating back and forth if we are going to find out the gender or not...it's a hard decision! I want to be surprised, but prepared. I am terrible waiting for surprises though!

This weekend we are going to Jumer's for my friend's birthday, and then next month we are going to Galena! So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment