Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soon!!

Soon I will be out of school, have a little more available time, and can then blog about how I don't have enough time! HAHA!! Between the holidays and the final days of school, I have been running excessively short on time! That is all compounded by the fact I have lost most of the sensation in my right hand thanks to pregnancy induced carpal tunnel! It makes it difficult to type, and accomplish any other fine motor tasks (which is another problem since I am right handed!!) I am looking forward to being out of school because then I will be able to cross stitch the wall hangings for the nursery, however, with decreased or no sensation in my right hand it will be difficult!!

I am so very excited that I will be done with school in a week and a half. I am so giddy and full of excitement I don't know what to do with myself! I don't remember the last time I was this close to accomplishing anything...and to top it all off, the two biggest things I wanted to accomplish by my thirtieth birthday were to have my Bachelors Degree and be a mommy...both of which will be accomplished in the next three months (just three months shy of my birthday!!)

Speaking of becoming a mommy, I am now 27 weeks pregnant. Baby is getting bigger and stronger everyday. It is so exciting to feel him kick! I sometimes think he gets stage fright because he will kick kick kick over and over again until I put Dave's hand there and then he stops! He does the same thing to Aunt Jocelyn too!! Nobody else has really wanted to feel him kick, but I suppose he would do the same thing at that point too! It will be interesting to see how big he ends up, because if they are actually right, at 24 weeks he was 2 pounds (which is three weeks ahead)...although everyone has warned me those are not too accurate... oh well :) Another ultrasound next week, although here he is at 24 weeks
I can't wait to meet him and hold him in my arms!!!

Today we bought a "new" car (new to us)...it is officially a baby mobile, a Mazda5, which is a compact minivan. It has numerous safety features on it and is so cute, sporty looking, and fun to drive!
We also have (not in our possession, but it just came in and we need to pick it up) a crib, changing table, and glider that we got an awesome deal on the day after Christmas! Daddy will be putting those together during his two weeks off from work over Christmas. We also have his bedding and his carseat, so the last big essential thing we are missing is a dresser, which will be purchased soon.

December 10th is the graduation recognition ceremony. That night, Dave is hosting a celebratory dinner at Pino's. I keep telling myself I don't deserve such a big deal to be made about it, but at the same time, this is a huge accomplishment. I feel like I have come so far from 3 1/2 years ago... anyone who knew me back then would agree I am not the same person at all. I do feel accomplished, and I can't wait to start the next phase of life with my awesome husband and my child in tow! The one thing about graduation that is daunting right now is the prospect of getting a "real job" after graduation. At least I have a job right now, but I want to do more than be a glorified babysitter. I feel I deserve it after the amount of work I have put into this. I know all grads feel that way...but now I understand why. So much work and so many hours spent in school! Plus, I now have a clear picture of my student loan debt! Scary!!!

So, that is all for now! Looking forward to December 10th more than anything right now!!

4 comments:

  1. Honey, You have come a long way... yes it would seem that we don't have enough time. But somehow, someway, we find a way to plow through every obstacle thrown before us. I am so proud of you graduating in a matter of days. I am so happy to be your husband. It pleases me to be apart of your life. Your the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So proud of you!! And I don't think I can help in naming the car until I see it...but it looks nice! Will you let me drive it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jocelyn, you also have to consult the co-owner of the car on if you can drive it... Do you think that will help you decide on the name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't name it til I see it.

    ReplyDelete