Tuesday, July 19, 2011

That damn truck!

That damn "pregnancy truck" has really hit me hard the last week or so!!! I didn't really have any sort of fatigue, or really, any sort of pregnancy symptoms at all (except heartburn) REALLy until last week. Since then, I have been unbelievably tired from sun up til sun down. In the morning I feel like I have not slept at all and would rather just lay there all morning than get up! This is a real problem because I have my summer class that started last week (right when the fatigue set in!) My ideal morning would be to wake upa round 7:30, relax for about a half hour, exercise on the treadmill for a half hour, shower then go to work. Instead, my alarm goes off at 7:30, I reset it for 9:00, finally get out of bed at 9:45, and shower then go to class... leaving me feeling pretty unproductive for the day!!! I have heard the fatigue will go away soon, only to come back in the third trimester, and then after the birth when our bundle of joy wakes up every two hours to eat!

I have been doing my best to power through it, but then after I finally get myself up and going, when I get to eat my breakfast so i can take my vitamins, that is when the nausea hits me! So far I have not gotten sick or anything, but it's been tough!! I have even managed to keep the apartment somewhat clean!

I am trying not to complain, and I know that Dave and I are infinitely blessed to be able to conceive at all, let alone so quickly, but it's a little to adjust my lifestyle. I have never known the meaning of the word relax, and I am needing to learn it so that this does not get the better of me :) He has been working a lot of overtime and his paychecks have been nice too...we want to get everything paid off ASAP so that we can actually afford to rear a child. I get sad when I don't see him though...

In other areas, school is going alright. The class I am in is halfway over, and then I have about two weeks off until my final semester as an undergrad! My big obstacle now is finding $300 for books and $500 for the remainder of the tuition my aid did not cover. But I *possibly* have some other aid that is going to come in soon!

Our first ulrtasound is Thursday!! SO excited for that!! Then we get to meet with a nurse educator, and then a nurse practitioner. The following week I see the doctor, so then maybe it will feel a little more real :)

1 comment:

  1. Honey, you have always been known to putting a little much on ur plate. I love you very much...
    i wish there was more i could do for you

    ReplyDelete